Social Security | Legal Representation | Park Hills, MO
nav-bar James R. Joyce LLC company logo nav-bar facebook logo-blue twitter logo-blue box

Helpful resources:

Come speak with us

FREE consultation

Social security benefits are there when you need them. Now let us help you get them.

Reach us for your social security cases

Applying for Social Security benefits can be a long and painstaking process. Having an attorney and support staff on your side can greatly improve your chances of success. You may be unable to work due to physical and/or mental limitations. The medical conditions may include, but are not limited to: diabetes, back pain, depression, bi-polar disorder, fibromyalgia, migraines, seizure disorders, multiple sclerosis, and cancer.


At your first consultation, we will provide you with the information you need and answer all of your questions. If you are initially denied disability benefits, the claims process is anything but over. An attorney with experience and knowledge can result in a successful appeal.



When are you considered disabled?


Documentation you will need when applying for Social Security Benefits includes the Social Security Numbers and proof of age for each person applying for applying for benefits. This may include not only yourself, but your spouse and children, if they are also applying. You will also need to make a list of the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the doctors, clinics, or other providers where you received medical care and the dates you were there. Make a list of the names of all medications you are taking. Call your doctors, therapists, and hospitals, and get copies of your medical records; including lab reports and test results. A copy of your most recent W-2 form or your Federal Tax Return would also be helpful.


If you can gather the above information in advance of applying, you can usually speed up the claim process. If you are unable to get the records, we can request them for you; however, the provider may charge for obtaining them. If you can get them on your own, this not only makes the process quicker, but less costly for you. You must have current treatment. If you do not have current treatment, you must find a healthcare provider. If you need help finding a healthcare provider because of lack of medical insurance and/or resources, the following information can help you obtain regular and consistent treatment:


• Apply for Medicaid at your local Family Support Division office. Use the MO FSD office locator or call 573-751-3221.

• You can download the application, bring or mail it to your local Family Support Division office.


Other low-cost providers may be available to you; and we can provide a list for you to use to get treatment. As a general rule, my office takes Social Security claims on a contingent fee basis. This means that if you don’t get paid, my fees don’t get paid.


Make an appointment today to let me assess your claim by calling 573-431-2536.

We know the law



Do you have questions

for us? Call:


Contact Us Now
Contact Us Now Social security law Social security law Social security law